Dec. 13, 2019, 11:25 a.m.
In most of the world, winter is the ideal season to spend time with the family. When Christmas arrives, people really enjoy watching the lights, the trees, the nativity scenes and the carols. All of this with the snow falling and the jackets on, right?
However, the Canary Islands is in another dimension. Get ready to enjoy the sun and the beach and the many Christmas events in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
The capital of Gran Canaria offer more than 50 events during the months of November, December and January. Are you ready to have a really good time with endless concerts, sand nativity scenes on the beach, workshops, storytellers or parades? We’re almost sure about your answer…
Undoubtedly, The best way to enjoy Christmas in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is on the streets. The reason? The unbeatable local weather! In fact, with an average temperature of 22 ºC in winter, here you can even hit the beach and sunbathe in Las Canteras, one of the best urban beaches in the world.
But Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is much more than beach and sun during. The city offers other leisure events in different enclaves with an intense daily program that will energize the city with musicals, theatrics and children’s performances.
Next, we are going to show you the most important events of this Christmas so that you don't miss anything in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Is there a better plan than spending your stay in the city than at the emblematic Acuario Lifestyle Hotel?
- November 28: Christmas tree and lighting event at 20:00 accompanied by a concert by the Las Palmas Symphonic orchestra at the Plaza Santa Ana in the old quarter of Vegueta. Also, Christmas tree lighting event at 20:00 at Plaza Saulo Torón in Las Canteras beach.
- November 30: inauguration of the famous sand belén (nativity scene) on Las Canteras beach at 11:00.
- December 7: London Community Gospel Choir concert within the XIV Gospel Canarias Festival at the Alfredo Kraus Auditorium at 21:00.
- December 10: Ilusión, lectura y Navidad storytelling workshop at the Municipal Library in the San Juan neighborhood at 18:00.
- December 12: traditional Christmas tree lightning and inauguration of a nativity scene inspired in Lanzarote and the artist César Manrique at the Castillo de Mata at 19:30. Los Salvapantallas Christmas concert at Mesa y López at 20:30.
- December 13: inauguration of a nativity scene enlivened by a gospel concert at 20:00 at Parque San Telmo.
- December 14: Musical event hosted by Iván Quintana at Parque Doramas at 21:00.
- December 16: Singing Recital by the Municipal School of Musical Education of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria at Casa de Colón at 18:30.
- December 19: Jazz entre muros at the Castillo de Mata at 20:00.
- December 20: Christmas concert by the Guaguas Municipales Musical Group at Parque San Telmo at 20:30.
- December 22: XIV La Trova Christmas concert at Jardines del Atlántico next to the Alfredo Kraus Auditorium at 20:00.
- December 23: storytelling by Espíritu de Sal at Mesa y López at 18:00. XXXII traditional Christmas concert by Los Gofiones at Plaza Santa Ana at 21:00.
- December 26-28: ¡Payaso! by Zalakadula at Pérez Galdós Theatre at 17:00 and 19:30.
- December 31: New Year Party with concerts and fireworks at Plaza Saulo Torón at Las Canteras from 23:00 to 04:00.
- January 2-5: Artisan market at Parque San Telmo from 10:00 to 21:00.
- January 5: arrival of the Reyes Magos (the magi or the three wise men) at the Sanapú pier. Traditional parade at 17:00 from the Castillo de la Luz to the Parque San Telmo. Traditional concert by Nom Trubada at 22:30 at Parque San Telmo.
As you can see, Christmas in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is filled with events for everyone. The best part of it? It’s only a couple hours' flying time away from the European continent. Enjoy a wonderful climate and one of the most amazing urban hotels on the island, the Acuario Lifestyle Hotel hotel infrastructures in Europe to ensure you feel absolutely at home while you celebrate the festive season with your partner or with the whole family.